Integrated Management Systems
Combine multi-discipline aspects of an organisation’s system to enable meeting the requirements of more than one management system.
ISO Standards, such as ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015, have a standard framework of clauses that provides a model where corresponding purposes can be optimised. Integrating consistent sections of management systems can reduce costs and save resources by:
- Removing duplication of effort.
- Holding a single document for common requirements such as policies, nonconformance logs, risk registers and management reviews.
- Establishing consistency to decrease the complexity in document management.
- Using a single internal and external audit approach for multiple certifications.
- Embedding continuous improvement culture.
- Minimising disruption.
Integrating management systems does not only reduce effort and improve the efficiencies of your systems, it also enables you to derive better value from them as an organisation.
Implementing a variety of multi-discipline goals within an Integrated Management System will enhance performance and help embed the principles of continuous improvement deeper within your company.